List:       vbox-users
Subject:    Re: [vbox-users] More than one CD/DVD drive in a virtual machine?
From:       David Brown <david.brown () hesbynett ! no>
Date:       2009-03-28 15:16:07

Angel Tsankov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May I set up a virtual machine with more than one CD/DVD drive?
>
> Regards,
> Angel Tsankov

VBox doesn't directly support more than one CD drive (at least, not in
the versions I've tried).  But you can use simulated CD drives within
the guest using iso files.  For Linux, it's easy to mount an iso file
using the loopback device, and there are various tricks to making this
easy for a non-root user if you need it a lot.  For windows, Daemon
Tools lets you mount iso files as virtual cd drives - very handy for
games with idiotic "insert the CD to play" piracy protection.