List:       vbox-users
Subject:    Re: [vbox-users] Problems with 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 on XP
From:       James Mansion <james () mansionfamily ! plus ! com>
Date:       2008-12-21 22:50:34

miguel@toursbymexico.com wrote:
> Maybe you have a damage in your system or misconfiguration in your VBOX,
> maybe you should try to uninstall and reinstall latest version, erase your

I just did install the latest version.  Note that I'm using the binary
download.
> If it does not work try to update your kernel... What distro and kernel
> you have?

XPsp3. ;-)  Haven't tried a Linux guest yet.
>> I run a portable with 1.25GB RAM, XPsp3, and a 1.5GHz Pentium-M
>> processor.  Its not shiny and new - but it works and runs VWare just fine.

Am back trying under VMWare workstation 6.

It might be related to running OpenSolaris 0811.  I would have thought
it would fail at a different stage
than 0% in the restoring process though.

James