List:       vbox-users
Subject:    [vbox-users] w2k guest doesn't see 'DVD' drive - only CD-ROM
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 16:19:01

Hi,

I'm running 1.4.0 and my Windows Guest (W2K) doesn't see the DVD drive
of my Host O/S.  It only sees a CD-ROM drive.

If I put a CD-ROM into the drive and mounting it:

   Devices > Mount CD/DVD ROM > Host drive ...

No problem, I can see the CD from within the VM.

If instead I put a DVD in the drive and mount it, I get the following
error from W2K:

          D:\ is not accessible
          Incorrect function.

If I attempt to use Nero in the VM, Nero doesn't see a DVD drive.

Looking at the VirtualBox docs, it's not clear to me whether there's a
VBox DVD driver; I see a CD-ROM driver.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
--