List:       vbox-dev
Subject:    [vbox-dev] How to access (read) GC physical page/addr?
From:       Micha Moffie <mmoffie () ece ! neu ! edu>
Date:       2009-04-30 13:48:25

Hello,

I am trying to read a (guest) physical address (from withing the VMM).
My guest is windows XP. Using a kernel debugger i am able to verify
the address has valid content.

I tried using PGMPhysRead to access the memory.
While this worked for a low memory address, it doesn't work
for 0x80561358 (__PsActiveProcessHead).
Using PGMPhysIsGCPhysValid i can see the address is NOT valid.

Why is this address not valid if it can be seen by the guest?
Should i use a different API?

Thanks so much
:)
Micha.