List:       varnish-misc
Subject:    Varnish 4 - respecting Cache-Control Headers from backend
From:       topper87 () Safe-mail ! net
Date:       2015-07-06 19:35:54

Hi all,

our backend sends response headers like s-maxage.
I need to tell Varnish to cache the object with the same value as the backends sends \
the object.

So Varnish should accept the s-maxage from backend and cache this object without \
redefining the http.cache.control because the value of s-maxage could change from \
site to site.

I do not know the site urls so i would do it in vcl_backend_response

if (beresp.http.Cache-Control ~ "no-cache") {
//set s-maxage from backend
??
}

I'd appreciate any help and support