List:       v9fs-developer
Subject:    [V9fs-developer] syscall setxattr inside kernel 3.14-rc1 returns size of set xattr
From:       DENIEL Philippe <philippe.deniel () cea ! fr>
Date:       2014-02-18 13:15:22

Hi,

I run v9fs as a client on a F20, in front of my Ganesha server (see
http://github.com/nfs-ganesha for details), using 9p.2000L
My acl non-regression test showed errors when I installed a recent
3.14-rc1 kernel (I got it from kernel.org) on my F20 box.
Investigation showed that the setfacl command line got messy because
setxattr() (called from acl_set_modify() in libattr.so) return a
non-zero value when successful. Further investigation showed that this
behavior seems to come from v9fs_fid_xattr_set() inside fs/9p/xattr.c in
the kernel's source.

It seems like setxattr syscall does now return the size of the set
xattr, and that seems to be the root cause of my problem. I do not
believe that this change in setxattr is no bug, but a new feature. So I
guess I should patch my libattr and/or glibc to use xattr/acl with
kernel 3.14-rc1.
Question is : where could I get the right version of libattr source
treee (eventually with libacl if needed).

     Regards

         Philippe