List:       uwsgi
Subject:    [uWSGI] debugging under uwsgi and perl
From:       rmesser () intellisurvey ! com (Robert Messer)
Date:       2014-03-19 19:06:15

Has anyone tried starting perl in debug mode under uwsgi?  If so, how did you \
configure it?

Our current way of debugging perl psgi apps is to run the .psgi file using perl -d \
and plackup.  That works fine in most cases, but bypasses uwsgi entirely.  We'd \
prefer to make debugging as production-like as possible.

I tried adding this to my ini file:

env = PERLDB_OPTS=RemotePort=127.0.0.1:5001
perl-args = -d

Then, in theory, I could connect to port 5001 for the input and output of the \
debugging session.  But this did nothing, and I don't think the "-d" option got \
passed along.  That's probably because the "perl-args" parameter is meant for adding \
to @ARGV, not perl command-line switches.

Anyway, if anyone has thoughts on this, please advise.  Thanks,

Rob