List:       uwsgi
Subject:    [uWSGI] Apache module question
From:       roberto () unbit ! it (Roberto De Ioris)
Date:       2012-05-17 4:36:01

> I have a question about which apache module to use.  I have a setup with
> a relatively small number of uwsgi processes that will be controlled by
> an emperor.  I would like to have apache handle the SSL component of
> each request, but forward every valid request to the emperor.  The
> emperor can then route each request to the correct vassal.  If this is
> important, all uwsgi processes will have the same non-root username and
> group.
>
> If any of the three apache modules will work fine, which module is
> expected to have long term support?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Van Voorst

Hi Jeff, currently mod_uwsgi is in good shape and pretty solid (but ugly
as the death).

The next bet is mod_proxy_uwsgi. It will be fully apache-compliant with
node-monitoring and all those funny things recent apache releases have
added.

I think it will exit from beta-quality during july. After that i would
like to propose it to the apache foundation (as they have already added
mod_proxy_fastcgi and mod_proxy_scgi)

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it