List:       uwsgi
Subject:    [uWSGI] Running a pyshell on a socket without disrupting logging through stdout/stderr or forcing de
From:       charles () dyfis ! net (Charles Duffy)
Date:       2011-11-20 22:32:26

Howdy, all --

I'm interesting in having a pyshell available which can be remotely attached to,
as with socat or a similar tool; my understanding from discussions on IRC was
that this should be possible with the 1.0 series.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding documentation on this -- the only
pattern that's well-documented is running uwsgi within screen, which (1)
redirects logs from stdout/stderr (I have log rotation handled by svlogd reading
from these feeds, and would rather not need to rework this concurrent with the
versioning change), and (2) interferes with process supervision frameworks
(running screen with -Dm rather than -dm helps a little, but still doesn't seem
to be completely reliable in its behaviour).