List:       uwsgi
Subject:    [uWSGI] cache
From:       admin () nri ! pl (=?utf-8?Q?=C5=81ukasz_Wr=C3=B3blewski?=)
Date:       2011-07-07 13:47:38

----- Oryginalna wiadomo?? -----
> Od: "Trey Long" <jameslong06 at gmail.com>
> Do: uwsgi at lists.unbit.it
> Wys?ane: czwartek, 7 lipiec 2011 15:20:22
> Temat: Re: [uWSGI] cache
>
> How many places could you use a cache key in which the key is the
> URI?
> Only in the response handler itself right? Otherwise anything else
> using
> that key would overwrite something else on the same request.

You're right it is a specialized task.
Designed exclusively to one.

> To me it just seems trivial to accomplish this inside of python
> itself

For me, most things are easy to implement in Python. Including the entire web server.

> in a very DRY way rather than ask uWSGI for specific functionality.

I treat it as an addition, not a necessary feature.
IMHO it might be useful to someone and not hurt anyone.

Of course we could discuss things like uwsgidecotators. If I can do it myself why put \
it in uwsgi. For as long as it does not affect application performance and stability \
of such facilities why not do more.

--
?ukasz Wr?blewski
http://www.nri.pl/ - Nowoczesne Rozwi?zania Internetowe