List:       usrp-users
Subject:    [USRP-users] FPGA bit file binary differences with GIT commit (X300)
From:       cyberphox <cyberphox () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-10-31 9:28:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

We have built our own RFNOC block and are trying to do a clean build and
compare the generated bit file against the original files from the FPGA
developer.

I would like to know if the bitfile generated has some dependency with the
GIT commit in some way.

Basically if I take the file changes from my colleague and build the FPGA
starting from the same reference branch, create my own working branch off
this and copy them in, build the FPGA I get the same bitfile binary with
only the date/time stamp difference.  Once I commit the changes and then
build it once again, the bitfile has a lot of differences.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

All the best
marino