List:       usrp-users
Subject:    [USRP-users] Re: Simulation after synthesis or implementation
From:       Wade Fife <wade.fife () ettus ! com>
Date:       2022-10-26 15:44:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Adri=C3=A1n,

It is possible to do a post-synthesis simulation, but that's an advanced
topic and I wouldn't recommend it unless you suspect you've found a bug in
Vivado synthesis. There's no way to do a post-implementation simulation
that I know of.

If you want to do a normal simulation and write your own HDL testbench
(this standard best practice and is what I recommend), you can take a look
at:

https://files.ettus.com/manual/md_usrp3_simulation.html

There are also lots of examples of simulations in the UHD repo. Search for
files named *_tb.sv for examples.

Another option for debugging is to use an ILA (Integrated Logic Analyzer).
This is usually a last resort, when you have written a testbench but still
haven't found any issues. For instructions, see:

https://kb.ettus.com/Debugging_FPGA_images

Wade