List:       usrp-users
Subject:    Re: [USRP-users] USRP E313 | WBFM Issues
From:       Marcus_Müller_via_USRP-users <usrp-users () lists ! ettus ! com>
Date:       2018-09-24 18:10:41

Hi Ryan,

hm, there's honestly quite a few things that can simply go wrong on a
demodulation/DSP/signal side of things without nothing misbehaving or
you doing any mistakes. Your single-tone test hence was very clever to
do!

So, my recommendation is this:
First of all, verify that the reception strength / SNR is actually
reasonably good. You said you saw the signal in a frequency plot – so
how many dB were between signal and noise floor? If it's worse than
let's say 20 dB, you might need more RX gain or a better antenna (FM in
cities typically is pretty strong).

If that is fine, *make a raw recording* (using either GNU Radio with a
file sink directly attached through a head block to the USRP source, or
with the rx_samples_to_file tool) of a few seconds worth of samples,
and try to demodulate them on your PC – if that doesn't work, we know
there's something else to fix.

Best regards,
Marcus