List:       usrp-users
Subject:    Re: [USRP-users] Some questions on vector rfnoc blocks
From:       Martin Braun via USRP-users <usrp-users () lists ! ettus ! com>
Date:       2016-01-29 14:49:32

On 01/29/2016 10:41 AM, Anselm Karl via USRP-users wrote:
> 1)
> If i kill and restart a gnuradio test graph, the sub-channels (= the
> phase of the polyphase filter) jump. I guess that is because i didn't
> yet implement the reset properly. And so some samples are still "stuck"
> in the filter making it restart on an different phase.
>
> The "original" vector rfnoc blocks (fft and window) don't show this
> behaviour. The phase after each restart the same. (The first of N
> samples is always the same frequency component after the fft.)
>
> Do the Computational engines get a reset on starting a new transmission?
> If so, i think i just need to implement the reset properly. Or is there
> any other kind of vector synchronisation, that i am missing?

There are several ways to implement a reset. If your block is simple and
only uses NocScript (which I'd assume given your description), you can
look at fft.xml. Writing to the arg 'reset' will reset, and providing a
<value> will make sure it is always set at initialization.

For a C++-based solution, override _clear().