List:       usrp-users
Subject:    Re: [USRP-users] Another question regarding uhd_usrp_probe, NoC Script and my RFNoC XML file
From:       Martin Braun via USRP-users <usrp-users () lists ! ettus ! com>
Date:       2015-10-28 21:59:32

Craig,

that's a good idea, and we've had that idea ourselves. It's not quite as
simple as it sounds, so don't expect this to happen anytime in the near
future (there are other things with higher priority).

However, if you use the Modelsim testbenches, you can get pretty far.
You can write command packages that will set registers and see what's
going on inside your core. Writing the XML files for GNU Radio and
NocScript shouldn't be a difficult task -- it just maps settings to
registers, so once you're confident your block works, writing your
NocScript is hopefully not a development bottleneck.

Cheers,
Martin