List:       usrp-users
Subject:    Re: [USRP-users] b200 failure to enumerate on USB3 after firmware updateon clean Ubuntu 14.04 VMWare
From:       Marcus_Müller via USRP-users <usrp-users () lists ! ettus ! com>
Date:       2015-07-28 9:33:13

Hi,

I'd hate to say it, but that's exactly my experience with USB3
forwarding in VMs. It's just not mature enough. Not with KVM/Qemu, nor
with Virtualbox. Haven't tried VMWare, though, but wasn't expecting wonders.

You can try to forward your PCIe USB3 adapter rather than letting your
virtualizer forward single ports, but that'll take away control from all
the devices connected to that USB3 host from the host OS, which is
pretty bad if that USB3 controller is effectively the main controller
that drives e.g. the USB port your mouse & keyboard connect to, and it
didn't work for a plug-in USB3 PCIe card on my laptop.

Best regards,
Marcus