List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss] User Linux LDAP server package
From:       Martin Konold <konold () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-08 22:32:34

Am Samstag, 8. Januar 2005 18:59 schrieb Jon Saints:

Hi,

> > Anyone have time to create a userlinux Ldap server
> > package? I am busy with creating a possible solution
> > for the UserLinux Network Tool (system for remote
> > management of userlinux boxes).

Please consider to  also deploy the LDAP directory server for this purpose.
With Kolab we manage every aspect of a multi-location setup using OpenLDAP
and LDAP replication. The kolabd listens on the replication port and learns
which values change. This backend then knows which configuration files are to
be written and which services need to be restartet.

Please be also aware of the fact that Kolab was intentionally designed to be
also used as a central authentification server for Unix/Web and Windows
Clients.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany