List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    [Discuss] Package framework - Support for Windows Client
From:       Scot McSweeney-Roberts <scot_mcsweeney_roberts () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-07 17:05:18

I was looking at the package framework page on the Wiki and under core
components saw support for Windows Client with tsclient? under Server
and black backgrounds under Enterprise Desktop and SOHO Desktop and I
was a bit confused. By Support for Windows client do you mean support
for Windows clients connecting to the UserLinux server or for the
UserLinux server to act like a windows client?

If it's the first I don't see much point in installing tsclient on the
server as it's a wrapper around rdesktop which allows linux clients to
connect to Windows Terminal Servers and Windows XP Desktops (with Remote
Desktop Connection), so it won't help windows clients connecting to the
server.

If it's the second case, than I'm not sure tsclient still has much of a
place on a server (especially one with out a GUI).

In either case, I think there's a good reason to include tsclient on
Enterprise Desktops - in a mixed Windows/Linux environment it could be
useful, especially as it's a feature that's built into XP.

Scot