List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss] ul installer
From:       Julien Olivier <julo () altern ! org>
Date:       2004-01-28 13:14:59

> In the case of servers, there is no  need for GUI.

That's right. It might be worth having a server installer with no GUI
and a desktop installer with a GUI.

> But, the point is that the installer does not need to get into
> unncessary trouble with GUI.

Which kind of trouble ? If you're talking of possible lack of good video
drivers for the installation target (in the case of a desktop install of
course), I think it's better to notice the problem during the
installation than after the installation.

>  The point is that what it is needed is an
> easy installer and this does not implies a GUI.

An all-automatic (meaning no interaction at all from the user) install
doesn't need a GUI. However, if there is to be any interaction, it's
nicer to do it using a GUI, IMHO.

--
Julien Olivier <julo@altern.org>