List:       userlinux-discuss
Subject:    Re: Default GUI (was Re: [Discuss] Status)
From:       Martin Konold <konold () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-11 0:31:16

Hi Steve,

Am Thursday 11 December 2003 01:14 am schrieb Steve:
> If I understand
> correctly, even a BSD licensed application must pay since it iisn't GPL'd.
> Thus is a major problem in a duel license scheme.

As a matter of fact Qt is not dual licensed but triple licensed. The QPL
explicitly allows for BSD  licensed application without the need to pay for a
commercial license of Qt.

Please have a look at

	http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faqs/free.html

"[...] Q: Can I make software with the Qt Free Edition and release it under
the GPL, BSD, or Artistic license?

A: For Qt/X11 Free Edtiton the answer is yes. [...]"

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de