List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] Re: ReiserFS anybody?
From:       Chris Mason <mason () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-07-09 13:29:21

On Thursday, July 05, 2001 09:26:09 AM -0600 "Peter J. Braam"
<braam@clusterfs.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I am having bad luck getting Reiserfs to run under user mode Linux.  I
> am running it on a block device with kernel 2.4.5-ac9, with a patch to
> do nested transactions for InterMezzo (I'll get you that, when I'm
> sure it works :).

[ disclaimer...vacation, email backlog ]

Well, I'd blame the patch to do nested transactions ;-)  journal_mark_dirty
makes sure the current running transaction is the same as the one
associated with the handle you are passing.  Sounds like your handle is
stale.

Peter, could you send me your patch, I've got a work in progress to do
something similar...

-chris