List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] uml running problem
From:       Kunal Trivedi <ktrivedi () timesys ! com>
Date:       2001-03-26 22:50:17

hi Jeff,
sorry for this, but i tried following to put /dev, /dev/console and
/bin/sh into my root_fs_debug

compile the kernel with loop option in block device
insmod loop,
mount -o loop -t ext2 root_fs_debug /mnt/root_fs_debug

i though, if i could mount root_fs_debug then, i can create dir. and
files inside it.but i could not do that, b'coz root_fs_debug is not a
'block device'. to mount it, i used -o loop option in mount, but it
failed.

can you please give any suggestion on it.

thanks
-kunal