List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] uml_net_open fails
From:       Richard Polton <Richard.Polton () msdw ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 8:46:21

Hi,

I have read the mails regarding someone else's experiences with this
problem (uml_net_open failed -107) and tried the fix suggested
(create c 10 200 tun node in host fs) but to no avail. The suggestion
also mentioned CONFIG_NET_UM_TUNTAP which I did not
find in my 2.4.2 uml config file (note that all other NET and UM_NET
options are Y).

I have tracked this down as far as

if( connect( new_fd, ....) <0)
{
    close( new_fd);
    return -ENOTCONN;
}

in uml_net_user_open() but have not managed to proceed further.
Note that both the host and the uml are 2.4.2.

Any help would be appreciated,

Richard