List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [User-mode-linux-user] trouble re-compiling the kernel
From:       Jeff Dike <jdike () karaya ! com>
Date:       2000-07-21 22:40:31

> I have tried to re-compile linux-2.4.0-test4 and I could succeed only
> after commenting out:
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>

> from syscall_user.c and
> #include <unistd.h> from trap_user.c

I bet you dropped the patch into /usr/src/linux.  That's a bad idea because
the usr/include/asm link gets redirected by the build.

Take the patch out of there, replace the /usr/src/linux/include/asm link, put
the kernel pool someplace else, drop the patch in, and it should build cleanly.

That other problem I have no idea about.  I'll config in nfs here and see if I
can reproduce it.

				Jeff