List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Steps to Build FS and deploy using systemd?
From:       Antoine Martin <antoine () nagafix ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-02-03 11:49:53

On 02/03/2013 03:53 AM, Tony Su wrote:
> Thx,
> Sorry about not copying the List, needing to keep track which Lists
> adhere strictly to RFC which require "Reply To" cannot be configured to
> point to the List, only the OP.
>
> The two kernels I've been using initially are direct links from the UML
> homepage.
Since you never provided links to what you were taling about, I had to
guess that you are now talking about this sourceforge page, right?:
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/
It is well out of date, has some dead links, it isn't mine and I don't
have access to update it either.

> The fs link on the same homepage might have originally linked
> to other specific fs, now only points indirectly to the regular fs page.
I had to redirect the filesystem link to prevent people like you from
using the totally outdated/unsupported fs. Which by the way was linked
to my work without a word of thanks or warning, and I pay for bandwidth.

> Assumed what was recommended would be a good starting point, apparently not.
Using something that is years out of date generally isn't.

> I can modify pastebin settings, felt that the entire log wouldn't be
> particularly useful to others assuming the relevant parts would be part
> of the answer posted to the List. Can see if the posted answer isn't
> specific about the problem <maybe> the entire log might be useful.
>
> Your verification that the 3.7.5 kernel works for you should be
> particularly helpful, thx.
Are you saying that it didn't work for you? (3.7.4, 3.6.x or whatever)

> Am hesitant to publicly suggest a systemd improvement before I can even
> get a single UML instance launched, but I would suggest that wherever
> chroot is recommended that the systemd configuration supporting file
> system namespaces be used instead
> Http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/changing-roots
This has very little to do with UML.

Antoine