List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user]  coverage in linux kernel with gcov under uml ?
From:       Arthur Lambert <lambertarthur22 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-09 10:25:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I am using UML virtualization with cloonix. I have a kernel module to test
with gcov.
So I need to do coverage in linux kernel with uml.

I read some information on gcov with uml on your website, but you only talk
about gcov in user space.

Can i do coverage on a module kernel with uml ?

Currently, I build a custom uml linux with configure that you can find here:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1yqr4XlDNyou0mRTtjhoQhWjhSZI6Mi8UY9w1ruYIYWY

the kernel version that I use is 3.0.9.

The problem is, when i try to mount debugfs wirth:
mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug, gcov debugfs is not mounted.

In a normal way, this command must mount a folder gcov in /sys/kernel/debug.

Someone have a solution for me ?

My apologize for my English
Thanks in advance,

Arthur Lambert.