List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] uml issue - Read-only file system
From:       richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-06 15:54:29

Antoine,

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine@nagafix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 06:59 PM, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
>>>>
>>> When booted it for the first with same command ,its worked fine.  After
>>> doing init 0 and starting again it becomes read-only.
>>
>> What ext version are you using?
>> Was the filesystem clean?
>> Are you using ext4 to read ext2/3?
>>
>> I would not trust any image from http://fs.devloop.org.uk/. :)
> Hi Richard,
>
> Since I made those images, may I ask why you would not?
> Is there something I should know?

My intention was not to blame you or your website as untrustworthy.

I see lot's of people blindly downloading filesystems from random websites.
This can be problematic.
Some images contain errors and make bug hunting very difficult.
This is why I wrote to Lakshmipathi.G that he should create the
filesystem on his own.

After reading my email again, I fully understand your point.
It was worded very badly.

I'm very sorry about that!

--
Thanks,