List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] Memory limit for 64-bit UML
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Nystr=F6m?=" <m.s.nystrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-20 11:39:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all!

I've stumbled upon a strange limit when assigning memory to my 64-bit UML
instance, when exceeding 503MB the kernel cannot load modules anymore (in my
case modeprobe is called from an init script and I insmod complains when
trying to load tipc). Assigning 503MB or less, everything works fine.

The guest is built from 2.6.25 and runs in SKAS0 mode. I'm not sure why this
happens and is wondering if anyonw has seen this behaviour before or might
know what the problem is and perhaps how to solve it.

Regards, Mikael