List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] uml_mconsole and eth...
From:       Jeff Dike <jdike () addtoit ! com>
Date:       2007-11-06 18:33:33

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 05:34:36PM +0100, fed.lup@inwind.it wrote:
> I'm doing a simulation of a mobile ip application with uml...In the
> "mobile node" vm I need to disconnect eth0 from an uml_switch and
> connect it to another uml_switch (without switch off the vm). It's
> possible do it with uml_mconsole?If yes,how?

Normally, I'd say unplug eth0 and plug it back in with the new switch,
but that requires that eth0 be down first.  Is that OK, or does the
thing need to be configured up the whole time?

I don't think this is a fundamental restriction, BTW.  Offhand, I
think it should be possible to switch out the underlying host device
without disturbing the UML eth0.  It would require some thought, and
it was just easier to require that the thing be downed before it's
unplugged.

				Jeff

--
Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com