List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] guest soft lockup after mounting root fs in skas mode
From:       Blaisorblade <blaisorblade () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2005-12-30 15:07:47

On Friday 30 December 2005 13:26, Juraj Holtak wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 30.12.2005, 12:09 +0100 schrieb Blaisorblade:
> > On Monday 26 December 2005 20:51, Juraj Holtak wrote:
> > > Am Montag, den 26.12.2005, 20:15 +0100 schrieb Blaisorblade:

> > 1) if my binaries don't run there some host problems (some Fedora kernels
> > or things like Exec Shield have given us problems in the past)

> problem has gone after I disabled TT mode and did a static skas-only
> compile

> all my hosts & guests are debian sarge and kernels are custom compile
> from vanilla 2.6.15-rc7

> > 2) if they run, the problem is either with the .config or with GCC.

> I didn`t try them out because of "problem gone with disabling TT"

Ok, fine then, no problem.

> A question: where can I find the latest stable sources for the mconsole,
> because the uml-utilities package from debian sarge is outdated and does
> not have exec support in mconsole, which I would like to play with.

You must patch the guest kernel, not uml_mconsole - I include the patch in -bs
tree, there it is (version against 2.6.14, I bet it will still apply):

http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/guest/uml-2.6.14-bs3/broken-out/uml-mconsole-exec

--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)