List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] Modules onoff - 2.6.10-5-386
From:       "Riccardo Bianconi" <shockmaker () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-18 13:07:51

I'm tring to install uml on ubuntu with 2.6.10 kernel.

If I made
- make mrproper
- make xconfig ARCH=um
- load the defconfig file in arch/um
--> remove module option <---
- make linux ARCH=um
- strip linux
Then I call "./linux ubd0=FSNAME" and UML seems to functions... but I
haven't support for module

If I made
- make mrproper
- make xconfig ARCH=um
- load the defconfig file in arch/um
- make linux ARCH=um
- make modules ARCH=um
- make modules_install ARCH=um INSTALL_MOD_PATH=WHEREMOUNTEDFS
- strip linux
Then I call "./linux ubd0=FSNAME" UML boot exit after "Initializing stdio
console" or hangs up on "criptographic API"