List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] CPU time
From:       Jean-Michel Caricand <jean-michel.caricand () laposte ! net>
Date:       2005-08-18 7:45:29

Jason Clark a écrit :

> Search the mailing lists for cpucap.  I had reposted a patch that
> someone else had done that would apply to 2.6.8 I believe that
> actually limits the % of CPU that a process can use and not just the
> time it can be running. Buggy, no guarentees, not supported and I
> can't even really remember how it worked, but you might have some luck
> with it.

Hi Jack,

I found cpucap patch but it doesn't work with 2.6.11 kernel (patched
with skas). I think
it very interessing if someone merge this patch with UML because it's
important to limit
cpu cycles for guests instances with simplicity (for a administrator as
me).  Actually, I have  four UML guests instances and I want to share
cpu times in %.

For UML mainteners : do you have somes projects tot do this ?

Thanks.