List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] Re: Loadav always >1.0 (2.6.10 -  2.6.11.7)
From:       Patrick Hess <ph () nwnet ! de>
Date:       2005-04-25 15:01:36

Hi, I'm also fight with the "load-avg" issue. I found some mails
regarding this on the mailing list - here something from my side
about this...

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 Blaisorblade wrote:

> The patch I suggested to Chris was named, in the patch,
> "update-process-times", however the name in my tree was
> uml-timer-context.
> I've attached it.
>
> Chris Aker reported that in 2.6.10 it fixed the problem, but I didn't
> verify
> (even because I simply knew that patch *had* to be applied to fix some
> problems, so I just asked it to check that it fixed also that
> problem). Also,
> this patch *has* been applied in 2.6.11; however, I'd still like a
> confirmation that it fixed the problem in 2.6.10.

I have the problem since 2.6.10 - 2.6.11.7 (tried today) without any
changes. Today I tried 2.6.9.11 - it seems the patch was already applied
on this version (without the "#ifdef CONFIG_SMP" arond but this one look
strange inmy eyes but never mind...). Problem stays!!

I haven't proofed yet with real numbers but compared to 2.6.10 this
kernel seems to be slower - can anyone confirm this?

Patrick