List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] UML stops silently after "Initializing stdio console driver'
From:       "theo29 the29" <theo29_1 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 19:55:05

Sorry for the delay in answering this.

It turned out that the problem was a corrupted make file. I am not sure how
that happened, probably when I was applying some of the patches available
for UML.

The make file had commented out all of the character devices
(CONFIG_XTERM_CHAN, etc). When deleting the config file and starting out
fresh this stopped.

Sorry to have bothered you with this question. I'll make sure to check make
Makefiles from now on.

Regards, Halldor