List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] uml-2.6.4 gentoo filesystem w/ glibc+nptl
From:       Sven_Köhler <skoehler () upb ! de>
Date:       2004-03-30 8:45:17

> Just wondering if anyone out there has had any success with uml running
> glibc+nptl with the gentoo file system.  I've tried a few different
> versions of glibc and always get compile errors.  It seems glibc can't
> build against the uml kernel headers.

i'm building my glibc against the normal linux-header-2.4.21-r1 and that
should work under UML, shouldn't it?

> I'm going to try to build it against normal 2.6.4 kernel headers for
> kicks to see what happens.

you don't need to build against 2.6.4 kernel-headers to have NPTL. You
can build against the normal 2.4.21 headers, but as far as i know, NPTL
enabled glibc won't work within UML, since the kernel lacks supports for it.
The last time i tried, the UML-kernel crashed on my host that was using
NPTL. So i downgraded to a non-NPTL-glibc and the UML-kernel worked again.