List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] 2.6.3 Kernel panics
From:       Dennis Muhlestein <devel () muhlesteins ! com>
Date:       2004-02-24 23:05:32

Host is 2.4.24 w/ skas3
Kernel is 2.6.3 with uml-patch 2.6.3-rc2-1

My file system is based on gentoo.  The system seems to boot and run,
ok, but if I try to install any
new applications, invariably I get a kernel panic somewhere in the build
process.

It's quite sparatic and I get different messages when it dies: here are two:

    Kernel mode fault at addr 0x0, ip 0x400cfa89
    Kernel panic: Segfault with no mm

Any suggestions where to look for answers?  I've seen some other
references on the mailing lists to gentoo root file systems.  Is anyone
having better luck than I?  Thanks for input.

-Dennis