List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Non-Linux hosts - UML for OS X?
From:       Jeff Dike <jdike () addtoit ! com>
Date:       2004-02-24 3:45:19

dan@shearer.org said:
> Jeff have you talked any further with those NetBSD people I found? It
> looked like a tt mode port were close.

Yeah, I met the guy while I was in Japan.  He did something that's akin
to a VM layer that requires a small amount of change to the guest.  You
do end up with the guest running in userspace, but it's not too much
like UML aside from that.

He did a demo of NetBSD and Linux (which crashed :-).  I heard later that
everything was working better.  However, it's not a port of UML in any sense.

				Jeff