List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] Problems reconnecting to serial line
From:       Paul Warren <pdw () ex-parrot ! com>
Date:       2004-02-21 2:25:01

I'm trying to set up a UML server that will put its initial init output
on a serial line, connected to a pts on the host, and then run a getty
on this from init.

The problem I have is that I can connect to the serial line only once.
Once I disconnect from the pts, the pts is closed and I can't reconnect.

This seems to be a side effect of having init put its initial output on
this serial line.  If I don't specify CONSOLE=/dev/ttyS0 on the command
line, it all works fine (except that I don't get the initial init
output).

This seems to be the same problem as:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=106834287519030&w=2

Is there any workaround for what I'm trying to do?

Paul