List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Using a channel type which is configured out of UML
From:       s-uml () rhythm ! cx
Date:       2003-12-28 20:57:08

> I try to install the latest suse within an uml but at startup I get "Using a
> channel type which is configured out of UML" just before I expect to see the
> login prompt.

Your inittab has gettys running on other virtual terminals which uml is
trying to display in xterms but can't. It is trying to display them in
xterms because that's what you have the default console channel set to in
your kernel configuraion, but xterm channel support is not enabled (also in
kernel config).

-Steve