List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Problems with RH9 UML
From:       BlaisorBlade <blaisorblade_spam () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2003-11-30 19:16:32

Alle 08:47, venerd́ 28 novembre 2003, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar ha scritto:
> Hi ,
>   I get the following error when i start my UML. It
> hangs and i have to kill the processes.
If I understood things well, after 5 minutes it would give again the same
errors from init. I think it can't open the console: either /etc/inittab is
wrong(it doesn't need any change between a normal system and a UML one; you
would only reduce the number of consoles).

>   Please run makehistory and/or makedbz before
> starting innd.
This is not relevant, INN(a news server, you don't want it probably) doesn't
work because of errors in its startup scripts.

> and invoke my UML with the following command
> ./linux
> ubd0=/home/don/installables/UserModeLinux/root_fs/root_fs.rh-9-full.pristin
>e.20030724 ubd1=swap
Read this page:
 http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/input.html
 and then pass a con= initialization. Probably "con0=fd:0,fd:1 con=xterm" is
enough, if you have X running on the host (note that if UML is run under a
different user than the one logged inside X, you need to issue this command:
  xhost +localhost
as
the user logged inside X).
Normally this isn't needed because UML has that value as default; but who
compiles the kernel can screw it up, and maybe you did this.
--
cat <<EOSIGN
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade