List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Re: [uml-devel] bug in COW?
From:       "roland" <for_spam () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-11-30 21:11:39

hi james,

>I too had thought that the segfault had
>been claimed as fixed :(
fine that someone has hit that bug again, before
it caused data loss in a production environment ;)

>This error also occurs rarely as it only
>appears if the block device length is
>within 31 bits of the end of the bitmap
>page, 0.09% chance and the sizes are
>odd from the human point of view.
are chances really that low? so - this time the
luck was with me :)

>If you want to volunteer, welcome ;)
i`d like to! what "jobs" need to be done? unfortunately
i`m no coder, so my contributions will not be that "advanced".
but - better contributing a little bit, than contributing
nothing :D

>as to the current kernels I only run into
>2.4.22-6 -- hostaudio_kern help text
could you point me to this issue?

>2.6.0-test11-1 -- modules don't work
do you refer to the patches in these postings:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5886687
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6638150
???

>for both I manually apply the patches
could you please point me to that patches? if not in the SF patchtracker,
shouldn`t we put them in? (and also the COW-Patch?)
it also seems that the clock-skew patch
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2169314)
needs to be reworked - it doesn`t apply to 2.6-test11 anymore.

regards
roland