List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Correct install set for RH9.0 - NEWBIE
From:       "Peter" <peter () rimuhosting ! com>
Date:       2003-09-30 2:28:21

In a nutshell...

You can grab a pre-built UML 'linux' binary (e.g. from \
http://kernels.usermodelinux.org/).  You'll need to download (or build) a root file \
system.  You'll probably want the uml_utilities as well.  I'm not sure if the \
binaries are available for download anywhere.  But the build process is pretty easy.

You can theoretically run UML on a host without the skas patch, but I don't think \
you'll find anyone recommending that approach.  So grab the 2.4.22 Linux sources, \
apply the skas patch, build your host server's kernel.

Reboot and happy UML'ing.