List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    [uml-user] building UML with linux-2.4.9
From:       Anuradha Vaidyanathan <vaidyana () cs ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2002-10-30 4:37:26

Hello,
	I am trying to build UML on a different machine (running red-hat
with gcc 2.96). I am using the 2.4.9 kernel with the appropriate patch. I
get through these steps:

make clean
make mrproper
make config ARCH=um
make dep ARCH=um (though this command fails ocassionally with some weird
seg fault errors)
the final step:
make linux arch=um does not seem to work.. I get:

----------------
module.c: In function `sys_delete_module':
module.c:676: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [module.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/UML/linux/kernel'
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/UML/linux/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_kernel] Error 2
----------------

I am wondering if it is a partitioning thing (quota stuff.. if so, how do
i find out?)
I built the same thing on another box and it worked just fine.

-a

	"He looked at the granite. To be cut, he thought, and made into
	walls... He looked at a streak of rust on the stone and thought of
	iron ore under the ground. To be melted and to emerge as girders
	against the sky. These rocks, ... are here for me; waiting for the
	drill, the dynamite, and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped,
	pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them."
					-Ayn Rand from _The Fountainhead_