List:       user-mode-linux-user
Subject:    Re: [uml-user] Errors booting uml 2.4.18-18
From:       Jeff Dike <jdike () karaya ! com>
Date:       2002-04-23 19:19:53

tpanning@vt.edu said:
> Checking that host ptys support output SIGIO...
> And then it freezes. I have to 'killall linux' to make it stop. Does
> anyone  know how to fix this?

I thought I fixed that.  It's apparently hanging in
arch/um/kernel/sigio_user.c:check_sigio().  Can you step through that and
see what's happening.

My guess as to what causes that is that the host has no ptys available.
check_sigio looks for either /dev/ptmx or /dev/ptyp0 and if they're not
there, then it just returns.

It seems that something else is happening to you.

				Jeff