List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [uml-devel] PATCH [02/03]: eliminate skas_ptrace.h
From:       Blaisorblade <blaisorblade () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2006-11-29 16:06:42

On Sunday 26 November 2006 22:03, Nix wrote:
> This diff removes references to the conflicting-with-kernel-headers
> skas_ptrace.h, and moves skas_ptrace.h into the um header
> tree.
Unaccurate - you move skas_ptrace.h into include/asm-i386, right?

> There are still some trees (PPC, IA64) with a copy of a
> skas_ptrace.h left and without ptrace-skas.h broken off from
> ptrace.h: these may be broken by this change, but I can't test
> them so I can't tell.
This change is plain wrong this way, if my reasoning is correct.

arch/um/os-Linux/start_up.o is in USER_OBJS, so it is compiled against host
headers.
You cannot _depend_ on them including the SKAS patch, as I said. And that
header is in arch/um/include to be includable by both kernelspace and
userspace files...
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can add them to my list!
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade