List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [uml-devel] IPTables Issues on UML Host
From:       David Cary Hart <DavidHart () TQMcube ! com>
Date:       2006-08-23 16:29:55

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:03:24 -0400 (EDT), William Stearns
<wstearns@pobox.com> opined:
> Good morning, David,
>

> > I keep getting the following error:
> > # iptables-save >/etc/sysconfig.iptables
> > Can't find library for match `tcp'
> >>
>  	I think this is probably independent of UML.
>
>  	If you're building netfilter from scratch, head back to
> the netfilter directory and re-run make; see if there are any
> errors in the build process.  If that works OK, run "make install"
> to see if it finally copies over a libipt_tcp.so.  Depending on the
> build options, it _may_ be installed to /usr/lib/iptables/ instead
> of /lib/iptables.  If that's the case, the easiest way to fix this
> may be to make a symlnk from the existing directory
> to /lib/iptables.  Up to you. Cheers,
>  	- Bill

Thanks for the reply.

I am a UML nitwit but I even made a static build of IPTables. No
dice. I have also made builds with specified LIBDIR and BINDIR.

Oh well, I guess that I need to tinker. Fortunately IPTables is
running properly.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org