List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    [uml-devel] Just published - "User Mode Linux"; the definitive book on UML
From:       William Stearns <wstearns () pobox ! com>
Date:       2006-04-26 5:17:40

Good evening, all,
 	Jeff's too modest to announce it, so I will. :-)  /me ducks

 	Jeff spent a good portion of the last year putting together an
excellent text on UML.  While those of us on these lists are certainly
comfortable with basic operation, the book covers that and goes well
beyond, into cow files, advanced filesystems and networking, mconsole,
skas and patching, setting up clusters, and the future of UML.  I'd like
to think I'm pretty familiar with UML, but have to admit there are tools
and techniques he covers that were completely new to me.
 	It's _well_ worth the purchase.

ISBN: 0-13-186505-6

 	Here's Prentice Hall's page for it:
http://www.phptr.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0131865056&rl=1

 	Amazon.com is already shipping it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131865056/qid=1146027972/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-1678044-3181532?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

 	Cheers,
 	- Bill

 	"Free UNIX accounts.  Telnet to 127.0.0.1.  Use your existing
user ID and password to login."
(Courtesy of Dennis McGrath <dmcgrath@ists.dartmouth.edu>)
William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at:   http://www.stearns.org