List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [uml-devel] [Fwd: [lugc-talk] RedHat 9 UML Host Kernel Packages]
From:       Antonio Vargas <wind () cocodriloo ! com>
Date:       2003-07-18 15:41:19

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:16:19PM -0400, David Coulson wrote:

> [...]

Some months ago, I started work on a new fairsched patch for 2.5 kernels
with o(1) complexity ( goto http://wind.cocodriloo.com/~wind/fairsched/ ).

I was stalled, but perhaps someone else, with better kernel skills,
could take a look a try to make it work.

Mind you, this may be important in order to get a good kernel for the host
side.

>  - removed LDT allocation to allow > 1200 threaded proc backport
>  - removed VM tuning patch for CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G special DMA stuff
>  - touched up ptrace()/kmod patch to work with UML patches
>
> I hope to also have a RedHat 9 pristine minimal image available via FTP
> soon, and I'll also work on building a tutorial for those interested in
> getting a UML system running in under 5 minutes and with networking.
>
> This is the under-5 approach to the host kernel, and it also helps to have
> the kernel installed with MD5 prints and using manageable packages. :)
>
> More info coming soon!

Greets, Antonio

--

1. Dado un programa, siempre tiene al menos un fallo.
2. Dadas varias lineas de codigo, siempre se pueden acortar a menos lineas.