List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [uml-devel] Unofficial 2.5.74-bk4 uml patch and miscellaneous
From:       William Stearns <wstearns () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-07-15 1:27:40

Good evening, Jeff, Peter,

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Jeff Dike wrote:

> support@rimuhosting.com said:
> > Jeff, have you had any further word on the merging of your current 2.5
> > patches into Linux BK tree?  It seems like its only going to get
> > harder to commit big changes from now on.
>
> Linus hasn't been taking them, so until he changes that, there's not a lot
> I can do.
>
> My current thinking is that either I will launder them to Linus through akpm
> during the runup to 2.6, or have him apply them directly after 2.6.0.

	I'd love to get a working 2.6.0-test1 kernel, and the Sunday
afternoon work was an
{useless,misguided,kernelnewbieintheextreme,wastedeffort,pickany3} attempt
to get closer to that.  *smile*
	Is there anything I could offer that could get us closer to even a
functional add-on patch?  Or am I like the amateur neurosurgeon, where the
other neurosurgeons are yelling "NO!  You've done enough already!"
because I've mistakenly swapped the patient's cerebral cortex with his
spleen.
	Well hell, they were both grey and somewhat squishy, it was an
honest mistake.  *hrmph*
	*smile*
	Cheers,
	- Bill

	Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at
least one instruction--from which, by induction, it is evident that every
program can be reduced to one instruction that does not work.
(Courtesy of Weather-Man(a/k/a wormied dude, <worm@Thirdwave.NET>)
William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at:   http://www.stearns.org
Linux articles at:                         http://www.opensourcedigest.com