List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    Re: [uml-devel] uml with xfs support
From:       thomas graichen <list-linux.uml.devel () spoiled ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 13:45:25

Jeff Dike <jdike@karaya.com> wrote:
> list-linux.uml.devel@spoiled.org said:
>> #5  kfree (objp=0xa093f8a0) at slab.c:1430
>> #6  0xa000c76e in sys_init_module (name_user=0x80d9e30 "xfs",
>>     mod_user=0x403bf008) at module.c:574

> Hmmm, since xfs seems to be the problem, and the crash is happening when it's
> being initialize, it ought to be straightforward (for a corruption bug,
> anyway) to figure out what the bug is.  Assuming that this particular crash
> is reproducable, of course.

> Figure out exactly what the corruption is and where that buffer is allocated.
> Then step through the xfs init and see when the corruption happens.

please ignore my last post - the problem is still there - i just got
a bit confused with how the problem looks with xfs being a module
or not - but with both ways it does not work - i will try to look a
bit deeper into this

thomas graichen <tgr@spoiled.org> ... perfection is reached, not
when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no
longer anything to take away. --- antoine de saint-exupery